Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > CAB Files (sorry for cross - posting!)

CAB Files (sorry for cross - posting!)

Alan Seunarayan

Hello all,
I am developing a web application using C# and some of my pages are
hosting WinForm controls. Some of these usercontrols have 3rd party
controls embedded in them, the problem arises that if the client PC doesn't
have these 3rd party controls installed it won't work. So....
....I need answers to the following questions:
1) If I build a CAB file with my control in it when deployed will it
install the 3rd party components.
2) How do I get a web page to download, install and run my CAB file.

Many thanks

Alan Seunarayan

bruce barker

depends on how complex the install is. IE auto install of cab files is
limited. also will not download and install 22mb .net runtime support.

note: the next security release of IE will put more restrictions on the use
of active/x controls. your users will need to approve each of the third
party controls seperatly.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

cab files and jar files balakrishnan.dinesh@gmail.com Javascript 1 05-12-2006 07:13 AM
cab files Bob B Computer Support 11 01-18-2004 12:58 AM
How Can I Open or Extract CAB files That Doesn't Open w/WinZip, WinRAR nor the Windows CAB viewer? NoLikey Spam Computer Support 5 12-17-2003 11:12 PM
Opening CAB files Don Computer Support 9 08-02-2003 08:44 AM

Advertisments