Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Corrupt mpg file

Corrupt mpg file

annon

I downloaded a mpg file thru emule, the completed and i am not able to
view it
with any of the multimedia players.

the msg i get is "the file maybe corrupt or not a supported format".
i have installed all codecs and have not had any luck and would like
to try to do a repair before giving up as the file is 700mb, instead of
downloading it all over again.

TIA

Joe

gangle

It may not be an mpg at all (could be an image file
and/or compressed by WinRar, or a compressed
AVI which requires a codec you don't have), or it may,
indeed, be corrupt. This "emule" thingie may have
corrupted it, or it may have been corrupt in the first place.
That's as specific an answer possible with the
information you gave.

"annon" wrote
> I downloaded a mpg file thru emule, the completed and i am not able to
> view it
> with any of the multimedia players.
>
> the msg i get is "the file maybe corrupt or not a supported format".
> i have installed all codecs and have not had any luck and would like
> to try to do a repair before giving up as the file is 700mb, instead of
> downloading it all over again.

annon

thank you

gangle wrote:

> It may not be an mpg at all (could be an image file
> and/or compressed by WinRar, or a compressed
> AVI which requires a codec you don't have), or it may,
> indeed, be corrupt. This "emule" thingie may have
> corrupted it, or it may have been corrupt in the first place.
> That's as specific an answer possible with the
> information you gave.
>
> "annon" wrote
> > I downloaded a mpg file thru emule, the completed and i am not able to
> > view it
> > with any of the multimedia players.
> >
> > the msg i get is "the file maybe corrupt or not a supported format".
> > i have installed all codecs and have not had any luck and would like
> > to try to do a repair before giving up as the file is 700mb, instead of
> > downloading it all over again.

Hamman

"annon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I downloaded a mpg file thru emule, the completed and i am not able to
> view it
> with any of the multimedia players.
>
> the msg i get is "the file maybe corrupt or not a supported format".
> i have installed all codecs and have not had any luck and would like
> to try to do a repair before giving up as the file is 700mb, instead of
> downloading it all over again.
>

> TIA
>
> Joe

eMule uses ICH (Inteligent Corruption Handling) which scans for corrupt
files as they are downloaded.

Try installing a divx codec, or opening the file with winRAR.

hamman