Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE links in message

OE links in message

Lonnie Reynolds

When i click on a link in my e-mail messages nothing happens.
it will not go to the web site.
Seems like i remember i setting but forgot where it is. can anyone help ????
thanks

Unk

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:27:43 GMT, "Lonnie Reynolds"
<jreynolds@(noacct)triad.rr.com> wrote:

>When i click on a link in my e-mail messages nothing happens.
>it will not go to the web site.
>Seems like i remember i setting but forgot where it is. can anyone help ????
>thanks

Close OE, Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, under
Tempory Internet Files, click "Delete Files", check "delete all offline
content", click "OK", "OK".
Now try it again. If it still fails to work, then look here:

OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express

OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click a Link

OLEXP: Outlook Express Is Slow to Open Mail Messages and Links to Web Pages

Section on "OUTLOOK: Hyperlinks - Shortcut" (About 2/3 way down the page).
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/...ok.htm#OELINKS

How to get HTTP hyperlinks in OE to open IE when you click them:
http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

"Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default.

When you add a link to a Web page in an Outlook Express message and then
click the link, nothing may happen.

Another cure is to click Start, Run. In the run box, type
"regsvr32 urlmon.dll" without the quotes and press Enter. Then open
Internet Explorer and go to Tools, Internet Options, "Programs" tab,
and click on "Reset Web Settings...", click "Apply", "OK"

Reid Decker

What does this mean? What are you trying to do? What link?
"Lonnie Reynolds" <jreynolds@(noacct)triad.rr.com> wrote in message
news:3AEKc.139737$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> When i click on a link in my e-mail messages nothing happens.
> it will not go to the web site.
> Seems like i remember i setting but forgot where it is. can anyone help

????
> thanks

Unknown

start----run--- type in REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL click ok
Then in internet options program tab reset web settings.
news:jfSKc.212$(E-Mail Removed)...