Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error loading Global

Error loading Global

JTrigger

When I compile using the IDE, my web project works just fine. When I
compile using csc.exe I get an error trying to brows the web project. It
gives me an error about Glocal.asax not able to load a Reference in Global.
I used resgen on the global.asax.resx and then included it as a resourse.
Am I missing something else? What is going wrong?

Thanks,
Jim

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Look at the assemblies referenced in the IDE. You will need to add a /r:
portion to the compile statement for each of these assemblies. With VB.NET,
you have more references already coded into the compiler, reducing the
bombs.

I would think that it would blow up on compile, however. Are you getting any
warnings? Are you using some form of late binding (reflection)?

RULE OF THUMB: Compile with warnings as errors and fix all warnings prior to
release. While not all warnings are critical, if they are treated as such,
you will not have an issue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA