Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Network Password Help please

Network Password Help please

Ken Walsh

I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also using
a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.

Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very start
when I switch
on my machine (using Windows `9 instead of booting up normal it ask for my
Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood icon on my desktop
since installing software).

I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I cannot walk
away from
the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it just hangs
there.

Can anyone help please, thanks

Ken

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Ken Walsh wrote:

> I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also using
> a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.
>
> Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very start
> when I switch
> on my machine (using Windows `9 instead of booting up normal it ask for my
> Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood icon on my desktop
> since installing software).
>
> I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I cannot walk
> away from
> the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it just hangs
> there.
>
> Can anyone help please, thanks
>
> Ken

TweakUI can be downloaded from MS. It has an automatic okaying the
password, even if empty.

Toolman Tim

"Ken Walsh" <bigkenwalsh@(no.spam)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:cddg94$82v$(E-Mail Removed)
>| I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also
>| using
>| a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.
>|
>| Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very
>| start when I switch
>| on my machine (using Windows `9 instead of booting up normal it
>| ask for my Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood icon on
>| my desktop
>| since installing software).
>|
>| I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I
>| cannot walk away from
>| the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it just
>| hangs there.
>|
>| Can anyone help please, thanks
>|
>| Ken

Most of the time installing a NIC automatically installs Windows Networking.
Check with your ISP first, but if you don't need it, delete it. Right click
on Network Neighborhood, select Properties. When the list comes up, delete
the Windows Networking Client. No more password, less stuff loading when you
boot.

Of course, if you have two or more computers networked at your house and
want to share files/data, you will need the Windows Networking. If this is
the case, then Roger's idea works pretty well. Sometimes TweakUI "forgets"
to do the password entry though.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~