Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I get rid of a little application that has attached itself to my taskbar???

How do I get rid of a little application that has attached itself to my taskbar???

Daveyboy

Hi,

I don't know where it came from but when I rebooted my computer after
work today there was 2 additions to the right side of my taskbar.

One was a blank space with the words "Search the Web" in it and to its
right was a button with the word "Search" .......

When I right clicked on the blank space there were the following
choices:

Blazefind
Google
Yahoo
MSN

Blazefind (whatever that is) had a check mark to the left of the word.

This thing is taking up a good part of my task bar and I want it gone,
gone, gone...............

Help!!!!

Unk

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 06:18:04 GMT, Daveyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I don't know where it came from but when I rebooted my computer after
>work today there was 2 additions to the right side of my taskbar.
>
>One was a blank space with the words "Search the Web" in it and to its
>right was a button with the word "Search" .......
>
>When I right clicked on the blank space there were the following
>choices:
>
>Blazefind
>Google
>Yahoo
>MSN
>
>Blazefind (whatever that is) had a check mark to the left of the word.
>
>This thing is taking up a good part of my task bar and I want it gone,
>gone, gone...............
>
>Help!!!!

Download, install, and update all the below.

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/
http://www.lavasoft.de/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE About Ad-Aware:

Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
http://security.kolla.de/
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
SpyBot S&D guide

NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

Advertising Spyware: Blackstone Data Transponder and its derivatives
http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

Here's an option to scan your PC under "Do You Have Parasites?"
http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.htm