Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > getting rid of 'WeatherBug' -- HELP!!

getting rid of 'WeatherBug' -- HELP!!

DL

Hi,
Can someone please tell me how to get rid of a particular program that is
causing me problems? It is called WeatherBug and it makes it so when I
start up Internet Explorer, the window closes milliseconds after I attempt
to open it. When I try to do an uninstall of the program, I get the error
message:

Could not load the DLL library
C:\Windows\USER32.DLL The specified
module could not be found.

Sooooo... if I try to simply delete the directory that this program resides
in, I get the error message:

Cannot delete 1px.gif: access is denied

Nothing that I do seems to be able to change this. Does this behavior
suggest some type of virus possibly?

Help please.

Dave

Unk

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:57:38 GMT, "DL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>Can someone please tell me how to get rid of a particular program that is
>causing me problems? It is called WeatherBug and it makes it so when I
>start up Internet Explorer, the window closes milliseconds after I attempt
>to open it. When I try to do an uninstall of the program, I get the error
>message:
>
> Could not load the DLL library
> C:\Windows\USER32.DLL The specified
> module could not be found.
>
>Sooooo... if I try to simply delete the directory that this program resides
>in, I get the error message:
>
> Cannot delete 1px.gif: access is denied
>
>Nothing that I do seems to be able to change this. Does this behavior
>suggest some type of virus possibly?
>
>Help please.
>
>Dave

WeatherBug Removal Instructions and Help
http://www.pchell.com/support/weatherbug.shtml

Install all the below...

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/
http://www.lavasoft.de/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE About Ad-Aware:

Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
http://security.kolla.de/
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
SpyBot S&D guide

NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

Advertising Spyware: Blackstone Data Transponder and its derivatives
http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

Here's an option to scan your PC under "Do You Have Parasites?"
http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.htm