Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer problem...locked out of options

Internet Explorer problem...locked out of options

mvccerase

When I go to Tools/ internet options while in IE, I get the following
message...

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
this machine. Please contact your system administrator.

I am the only user of this machine and this just started since the
last automatic update of IE.

How do I get back to where I can access internet options???

Do I have to reinstall IE? And if so, where do I go to download it.
I can only find the critical updates, etc....

Thanks

Unk

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:36:53 -0400, mvccerase <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I go to Tools/ internet options while in IE, I get the following
>message...
>
>This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
>this machine. Please contact your system administrator.
>
>I am the only user of this machine and this just started since the
>last automatic update of IE.
>
>How do I get back to where I can access internet options???
>
>Do I have to reinstall IE? And if so, where do I go to download it.
>I can only find the critical updates, etc....
>

>Thanks

Log on as Administrator:

Restart the computer. After the Power On Self Test (POST), press the F8 key.

On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe
Mode, and then press ENTER.

When you are prompted to select the operating system to start, select
Microsoft Windows XP edition (where "edition" is the edition of Windows XP
that is installed), and then press ENTER.

On the To begin, click your user name screen, click "Administrator".

Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
NOTE: In most cases, the Administrator password is set to a blank password.
In this case, do not type a password before you press ENTER.

Click Yes to acknowledge that Windows is running in Safe mode.

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, User Accounts.

Click on YOUR account, and give yourself administrative privileges.

"OK" your way out of the User Accounts tool, and restart the computer.

Steven Moore

could have something to do with MS netpassport
"