Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > RE Newsgroups ...Help Please?

RE Newsgroups ...Help Please?

Waitoki

I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP does
not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......

I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the info
they can provide.

Thanks Ron.

Mellowed

You can start here. http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

There are other news group services. I just don't have the information.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via
my
: ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
: alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the
info
: they can provide.
:
: Thanks Ron.
:
:
:

Bibble Babble

Try one of the web based group providers like google.

Another option might be that if his ISP won't provide a service then vote
with his feet and change ISP's

"Waitoki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP

does
> not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
>
> I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
> ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
> alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the

info
> they can provide.
>
> Thanks Ron.

Bibble Babble

Try one of the web based group providers like google.

Another option might be that if his ISP won't provide a service then vote
with his feet and change ISP's

"Waitoki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP

does
> not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
>
> I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
> ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
> alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the

info
> they can provide.
>
> Thanks Ron.

Joe Lee

"Waitoki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP

does
> not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
>
> I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
> ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
> alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the

info
> they can provide.
>
> Thanks Ron.

Your friend could stay with the existing ISP (although I'm not sure why
they'd want to with that attitude), & use news.individual.net for
newsgroups. It's a free service & can be used with whichever ISP you're
signed up with. Info here:
http://news.individual.net/

HTH
Joe Lee

Richard McCann

"Waitoki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP

does
> not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
>
> I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
> ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
> alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the

info
> they can provide.
>
> Thanks Ron.

http://groups.google.co.nz