Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Zone Alarm 5 Problem

Zone Alarm 5 Problem

Scribner

I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

ICee

Scribner wrote:
> I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
> after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
> minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
> cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
> everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
> this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

Whatever the problem is, it's not ZA. I'm running the same version with
XP and a cable modem and have no problems at all.

Jan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
> after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
> minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
> cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
> everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
> this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

No problems here with ZA 5.
--
Cheers!

Jan

Scribner

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 04:46:27 GMT, Jan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
>> after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
>> minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
>> cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
>> everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
>> this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.
>>

>No problems here with ZA 5.

Well, I uninstalled and re-installed it, and it seems fine - for now.

Scribner

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:56:41 GMT, "MahaRaj" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Start----------Programs-------- Administrative Tools
>computer management---------System Tools
>Event Viewer---------Application
>
>See if there are any ERRORS.
>Find out what program caused it.
>I bet it would be TRUE VECTOR (ZoneAlarm). (if YES, ead below)
>
>.I had the same problem, I mailed ZA Tech. All they could tell me to
>reistall it. It should be OK but nothing. I was still getting my computer
>freezing up now and then becuase of TRUE VECTOR. The problem was still
>there.
>Finally I ditched ZA. I am runnning KASPERSKY ANTI-HACKER now.
>very smooth and easy to use. Also my PC is lot faster now and no troubles
>anymore.
>

>"Scribner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
>> after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
>> minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
>> cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
>> everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
>> this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable

Nope. No errors from True Vector. Just a couple from a photo program
that I d/l'ed from Google and promptly removed. But I know the cause
of those errors, and they had nothing to do with Zone Alarm.

Boomer

MahaRaj wrote:
> ok

FIX YOUR ****ING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!

Abuse report sent to (E-Mail Removed)

Boomer

MahaRaj wrote:
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ewsfear.net...
>> MahaRaj wrote:
>>> ok

>> FIX YOUR ****ING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!
>>
>> Abuse report sent to (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> it must be a bug.
> you gotto tell me now how to fix it you ****ing ****.

OOPS! NOW K-MAN WILL KNOW WHOSE FORGING.

Boomer

MahaRaj wrote:
> bog off

Bog off?

Is that an abbreviation for Buy One Get One For Free?

MahaRaj