Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Partition Magic & merging two drives

Partition Magic & merging two drives

Ruth

I have an 120 GB hard disk drive and using Partition Magic I divided
it into three with the major part being C:\.

I'm now thinking I made a mistake in dividing into 3 and thought I
would merge E: and F: together as one.

Question is: If I do this, will I lose the programmes I've already
installed on these drives? If so, I may stay as I am.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Ruth.

WCH

I believe Partition Magic has a utility that can track programs and
implement the changed drive letters so that your programs will still work
after the merge. I don't know how effective the utility is, but they've had
it in the last few versions of their software.
WC

"Ruth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an 120 GB hard disk drive and using Partition Magic I divided
> it into three with the major part being C:\.
>
> I'm now thinking I made a mistake in dividing into 3 and thought I
> would merge E: and F: together as one.
>
> Question is: If I do this, will I lose the programmes I've already
> installed on these drives? If so, I may stay as I am.
>
> Anyone know? Thanks.
>
> Ruth.

Ruth

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:57:40 GMT, "WCH"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I believe Partition Magic has a utility that can track programs and
>implement the changed drive letters so that your programs will still work
>after the merge. I don't know how effective the utility is, but they've had
>it in the last few versions of their software.
>WC

I didn't spot the utility but that may be my fault. However, took the
plunge with Partition Magic 8 and it merged the two drives and very
successfully took the programmes over to the one. Great programme!

Thanks for your input.

Ruth.