--------------------------------
From: kanji jain

-----------------------

<Id>EQVlC7v+m0CEpC11pkQCqg==</Id>

Gerry O'Brien [MVP]

Answers

Q1: Both. The ASP.NET controls will use server side code when the
runat="server" attribute is present, as it is on ASP.NET controls.

However, the ASP.NET controls will also use their built in browser
capabilities detection and generate client side code when needed as well.

Q2: Inline code is place in the actual HTML of the page by using <script>
</script> and <% %> tags. Code behind is in a seperate code page that is
then linked to the HTML page through the use of the @Page directive found at
the top of your ASP.NET page. In other words, the code is not intermingled
with HTML.

Q3: I'm not aware of any .NET runtime for Apache right off. IIS uses a DLL
file to process ASP.NET. Apache would need a similar helper.

--
Gerry O'Brien
Visual Developer .NET MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...