Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stupid Question!

Stupid Question!

Unk

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:03:28 GMT, "mykbab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I installed a Philips CD writer last year,it came with Nero on the disc,I've
>just done my third reinstall after a problem since iinstalled the writer.Now
>there is no sign of nero only the software drivers for the CD writer on the
>disc,heres my question could the cd writer have wiped nero off after the
>last install,because you are possibly only allowed three installs of nero.
>I said it was a stupid question
>
>Thanks
>myk

Did you check to see if the CD was actually a CD-RW? (Unlikely)

Another Possibility; The CD would have had to been "left open" when created
and each install rewrote the TOC. In that case, you would need a program
like "CD/DVD Diagnostic" or IsoBuster to read and recover the original TOC.

CD/DVD Diagnostic - Try/Buy
http://www.infinadyne.com/cddvd_diagnostic.html

IsoBuster - Freeware
http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

mykbab

I installed a Philips CD writer last year,it came with Nero on the disc,I've
just done my third reinstall after a problem since iinstalled the writer.Now
there is no sign of nero only the software drivers for the CD writer on the
disc,heres my question could the cd writer have wiped nero off after the
last install,because you are possibly only allowed three installs of nero.
I said it was a stupid question

Thanks
myk

stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
stupid test questions and stupid awnsers in Measureup 70-320 test john MCAD 0 10-13-2004 11:43 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments