Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > xp and xp and long read

xp and xp and long read

SnugLynn

Anyone have a problem with xp? Well, I use a screen reader and synthiziser,
I use a speech engine and device output called hal. Want to know what fun
is, have your blind equipment go dead quiet and cant shut off anything, or
firewalls knock off all sound.so disable firewall to enable speech and got
1164 spy wear ads so even ctl, alt delete wont even log off because all
programs are not responding at the same time, feels like circuits fry.

Ok, not many will be blind puter users and wont matter much, I use
to think the same way. Welcome to my nightmare, add a virus that scans cant
find and hardware conflicts. Hotbar virus, and oe mail attachment
infection..What to do, what to do..

Microsoft Windows are a great bunch of experts and source of
knowledge. XP's require patches, and critical up dates. Trojans and many
virus attaches are aimed at windows. All this jazz i learned fifty mini
dumps to late, and passing it on because I am not the only blind soul in the
world. I did not listen either at first and thought Norton would save
me..that is norton 2003, Norton antivirus 2004, Norton's Go Back and
personal firewall. No help but they did refund money.

The fact that in addition to cost of puter, on an average day, add
$700 to $1000- for blind assessable equipment which is modest estimate at
best, and for software only so I thought my goose was cooked. It is, except
for the Microsoft tech. and support, well not a fan anymore of gateway or
Microsoft products and not one to sing anyone's praise ever, Microsoft never
charged me a dime and the only people that didn't take money and left me to
figure it all on my own.

My room mate claims Microsoft publishes your information on the net,
if remote assist is needed. I cant claim this is true or untrue, and with
1164 spy ware ads on this computer, leaking inf. to the whole Internet, who
didn't know our every move? Microsoft is awake to what time it is with
legality and privacy, and bottom line, if Microsoft can help people,
disabled or not with the information, fine by me. The Internet provides
available invasion public information, private is a thing of the past for
all of us.

Ok, last point to make, this computer was bought brand new, eight
months ago.The point, scans report false all clear and System Restore can
transfer virus even after you restore.

°Mike°

Not only was it a long read, I couldn't understand a word,
so the meaning was completely lost on me. How about
a translation, in English?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:49:02 GMT, in
<23vJc.43749$(E-Mail Removed)>
SnugLynn scrawled: