Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > usb flash pen incorrectly recognise

usb flash pen incorrectly recognise

numberonepipboy

usb memory flash pen was working fine until the system crashed when
using the pen.

Now when plugged in windows 2000 identifies it as a security device
and looks for software for this instead of locating correct driver by
plug & play. The same happens on any pc that I try it on. Any
clues?

Many thanks.

==============

Paul - xxx

numberonepipboy typed:
> usb memory flash pen was working fine until the system crashed when
> using the pen.
>
> Now when plugged in windows 2000 identifies it as a security device
> and looks for software for this instead of locating correct driver by
> plug & play. The same happens on any pc that I try it on. Any
> clues?

I'd hazard a guess that the crash has farked the pen. RTFM to see if
there's a 'reset' button or similar.

Have you asked the manufacturers / vendors ?

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks