Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Active Directory with Win2003 VPN server

Active Directory with Win2003 VPN server

G-ram

I am creating a small network for some remote development needs. I had
created two servers when I started this project WITHOUT AD installed.
They are both Windows 2003 boxes. I had the Remote Access role
enabeled and was able to VPN into the network fine and access the
enterprise Visual Studio.NET server fine. In fact everything worked
just fine.
The small network is now growing and the remote user base is about to
grow more then I thought it would in the beginning therefore I have
added a domain controller. Once I added AD and DNS the VPN access will
not work. I have gone through all of the directions that I have found
but I still get the same error message when I try to connect: Remote
Server didnt respond!!
When I attmept to connnect it goes to the IP immediately and then
attempts authenitcation but will hang on "verifying username and
password" and then finally errors out with before-mentioned error.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.....

G-RAM

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (G-ram) wrote in news:55739f20.0407141512.6540dc80
@posting.google.com:

> I am creating a small network for some remote development needs. I had
> created two servers when I started this project WITHOUT AD installed.
> They are both Windows 2003 boxes. I had the Remote Access role
> enabeled and was able to VPN into the network fine and access the
> enterprise Visual Studio.NET server fine. In fact everything worked
> just fine.
> The small network is now growing and the remote user base is about to
> grow more then I thought it would in the beginning therefore I have
> added a domain controller. Once I added AD and DNS the VPN access will
> not work. I have gone through all of the directions that I have found
> but I still get the same error message when I try to connect: Remote
> Server didnt respond!!
> When I attmept to connnect it goes to the IP immediately and then
> attempts authenitcation but will hang on "verifying username and
> password" and then finally errors out with before-mentioned error.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated.....
>
> G-RAM

I think you may possibly get an answer at comp.security.firewalls about
the AD and VPN issue. Or maybe one of the good people in this NG may help
as well.

Duane