Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > floating point error in file conversions

floating point error in file conversions

oberon@oby.net

when using tmpgenc to convert avi's and wmv's to vcd-capable mpg's, i get
occasional floating point file errors in the conversions and they will
fail. several other programs fail on the same files. are these special
format avi's or wmv's?

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:cd4bfa$h6i$(E-Mail Removed):

> when using tmpgenc to convert avi's and wmv's to vcd-capable mpg's, i get
> occasional floating point file errors in the conversions and they will
> fail. several other programs fail on the same files. are these special
> format avi's or wmv's?

Floating point file errors, I have never heard of that. I have heard of
floating point errors in a program trying to do some kind of math equation
in a floating point calculation. It sounds like an unhandled program error
in a badly written program. Maybe, you should get in touch with the maker
of the product concerning the issue.

Duane