Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP?

braindead

Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution is to
instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

Question is, how do I do this?

Cheers.

Mr. Trevor Fourie

braindead wrote:
> Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
> doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution
> is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

Did you try running it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode?

--
Mr. Trevor Fourie.
WesBank Limited.

joevan

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:08:23 GMT, "Ben Dover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mr. Trevor Fourie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) dler.co.uk...
>> braindead wrote:
>> > Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
>> > doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution
>> > is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

>> Did you try running it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode?
>>
>> --
>> Mr. Trevor Fourie.
>> WesBank Limited.
>> 7 Girton Road, ParksTown, Johannesburg,
>> 2193, South Africa,
>> Republic of South Africa.
>> Email: (E-Mail Removed)
>>

>XP is shite! I got told off the other day for saying this. I notice no one
>has problems with ME?
>Nothing but problems with XP. One day you'll say, "yes, he's right".
>Get rid of it dude, no more problems.

What planet are you from?
ME is the problem, XP is just fine.
joevan

Ionizer

"Ben Dover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:H1jJc.183$(E-Mail Removed)...

> XP is shite! I got told off the other day for saying this. I notice no

one
> has problems with ME?

I notice that your ME system has a problem with the clock settings. You
are posting from the future. Fix it.

--
Ian.

Ben Dover

"Mr. Trevor Fourie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ler.co.uk...
> braindead wrote:
> > Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
> > doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution
> > is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

> Did you try running it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode?
>
> --
> Mr. Trevor Fourie.
> WesBank Limited.
> 7 Girton Road, ParksTown, Johannesburg,
> 2193, South Africa,
> Republic of South Africa.
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)

XP is shite! I got told off the other day for saying this. I notice no one
has problems with ME?
Nothing but problems with XP. One day you'll say, "yes, he's right".
Get rid of it dude, no more problems.

Mr Fourie, sir. Do you think it's wise to post your address, and e-mail
address to the world?
Please forgive me for being interfering.

Toolman Tim

"braindead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40f5a2d5$0$6445$(E-Mail Removed)
>| Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older
>| programs doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical
>| solution is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.
>|
>| Question is, how do I do this?
>|
>| Cheers.

Well, there have been several replies, but nothing useful <g>

What exactly *is* the older program? It should be possible to tell Windows
XP to run it in compatibility mode. Right-click on the EXE file, and select
"Properties". Click on the Compatibility tab, then click on the checkbox in
front of "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select the
correct version of Windows in the drop-down box.

If this works, you won't *need* that W98 partition...if it doesn't work,
post back and let us know.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| "braindead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| news:40f5a2d5$0$6445$(E-Mail Removed)
>| >|
>| >|

RE: Well, there have been several replies, but nothing useful

my apologies to Trevor Fourie - I missed your post ;o)

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~