Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to copy my cd to my mp3 player help, pls

How to copy my cd to my mp3 player help, pls

Ninip

Hi
I am new to this mp3 player thing.
Question is I want to buy a mp3 player only not with cd player. I want to
use it for jogging.
Which software program can I use to copy songs from my cd's to the player.
I want to be able to put cd in my cd drawer and tell it to copy to my
player. Is this possible to be this simple? I am running Windows ME.
Also anyone recommend a good reasonably priced player with a loud volume
level. Because of traffic I need to be able to hear the music.
Thanks so much for any help you can give me, in advance.

SwissTony

"Ninip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am new to this mp3 player thing.
> Question is I want to buy a mp3 player only not with cd player. I want to
> use it for jogging.
> Which software program can I use to copy songs from my cd's to the player.
> I want to be able to put cd in my cd drawer and tell it to copy to my
> player. Is this possible to be this simple? I am running Windows ME.
> Also anyone recommend a good reasonably priced player with a loud volume
> level. Because of traffic I need to be able to hear the music.
> Thanks so much for any help you can give me, in advance.

http://www.mp3-converter.com/audio_cd_ripper.htm

that will create the mp3s from ur cd.
There will probably be some software that comes with mp3 players, which will
allow you to copy from ur pc to mp3 player.

Ninip

Hi
I think people are not understanding me, probably my fault.
Anyways I do not want to burn a cd.
I just want to put a cd in my drive and then directly copy the songs to a
mp3 player. Is this possible as a one step procedure?
Thanks

> Hi
> I think people are not understanding me, probably my fault.
> Anyways I do not want to burn a cd.
> I just want to put a cd in my drive and then directly copy the songs to a
> mp3 player. Is this possible as a one step procedure?
> Thanks

It may be possible with the software that may come with your pc.
If not then its not possible in 1 step.
Maybe 2 or 3 steps.

1st step. rip the tracks from cd to your hard drive.
2nd step copy them to your mp3 player.

The software i suggested, may be able to rip straight to the mp3 player.
It all depends on how the mp3 player is accessed by the pc

Max

In article <QSbJc.19768$ek5.16436@pd7tw2no>, Ninip <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Question is I want to buy a mp3 player only not with cd player. I want to
> use it for jogging.

If you can imagine that you ONLY want it for jogging, you have a very
wide selection.
If you think using it there might get you to use it more other places,
then you are going to want more storage, and that limits the good
players pretty quickly.

> Which software program can I use to copy songs from my cd's to the player.

Don't do this before you select the player. You might not be able to
use the program that you like.
Instead, after you have decided on a player, find out which programs it
can be used with, and choose from those.

> I want to be able to put cd in my cd drawer and tell it to copy to my
> player. Is this possible to be this simple?

It's pretty close.
But I think you are going to start mixing the tracks, like most of us
do, so you also need to consider that you are going to store the music
in the program's library as you go along.

> I am running Windows ME.
> Also anyone recommend a good reasonably priced player with a loud volume
> level. Because of traffic I need to be able to hear the music.

I think this is mostly a headphone issue. There are various models that
have a noise-cancellation feature. That should take care of that.

Some come with a radio built in. You should decide if that is a feature
you would like. If you do, I always liked the iRiver packages.
But iRiver players didn't have a memory slot to add more, so consider
how much data-switching you want to accept.
I am not very happy with my mini-CD player. It's bulky and runs through
batteries and discs too quickly.
If you want the ultimate, go right to the iPod or mini-iPod. I still
haven't seen a player that compares.