Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with Mp3s

Help with Mp3s

gibberish

I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I have a
two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how to break it
down into individual tracks. Thanks.

Toolman Tim

"gibberish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
>| have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
>| to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

Sure. Check this web page - they have lots of options:
http://www.dailymp3.com/splitter.html
I'm sure you'll find what you need there.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

gibberish

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "gibberish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> >| I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
> >| have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
> >| to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

> Sure. Check this web page - they have lots of options:
> http://www.dailymp3.com/splitter.html
> I'm sure you'll find what you need there.
>
> -- Thanks. Just what I needed.
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
> THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Toolman Tim

"gibberish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>| > "gibberish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| > news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| >
>| > Sure. Check this web page - they have lots of options:
>| > http://www.dailymp3.com/splitter.html
>| > I'm sure you'll find what you need there.
>| >

> -- Thanks. Just what I needed.

Your welcome!

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Scrote

gibberish wrote:
>> I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
>> have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
>> to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

I don't understand how a mere 2 hour mp3 recording will not fit onto a
cd. Is/was quality set to some ridiculously high level?
--
"The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still
carries any reward." -- John Maynard Keynes

fmav@ihug.co.nz

Hi,

I agree with "Scrote" you must have a Digital recorded Wave file with
the wrong Extension. A CD takes 12 hours of good MP3 music (128kbps)
For an lectuur you can use 56 Kbps or even less.

Thank you
fmav

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:28:56 +0100, "Scrote"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>gibberish wrote:
>>> I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
>>> have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
>>> to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

>I don't understand how a mere 2 hour mp3 recording will not fit onto a
>cd. Is/was quality set to some ridiculously high level?

ProfGene

Get Cooledit which will open mp3s as wave files then you can break it into
segments and save each segment as a wave file. After you have broken it up
the way you want use an mp3 encoder to turn the waves back into mp3s. You
can put up to 11 hours of mp3s at the highest sound quality on a cd. Voice
does not require the highest quality or even stereo so it depends on how
much you want to put on the cd as to what sample rate you want to use but
making it mono reduces the file size.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I agree with "Scrote" you must have a Digital recorded Wave file with
> the wrong Extension. A CD takes 12 hours of good MP3 music (128kbps)
> For an lectuur you can use 56 Kbps or even less.
>
> Thank you
> fmav
>
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:28:56 +0100, "Scrote"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I don't understand how a mere 2 hour mp3 recording will not fit onto a
> >cd. Is/was quality set to some ridiculously high level?

Opening MP3s from newsgroups in Mozilla HellPope Huey Firefox 2 11-02-2005 06:11 PM
Playing MP3s with Firefox Jim Firefox 2 01-02-2005 02:22 PM
Winamp2 a winner again. Fix MP3s with it, practically no need for an MP3 editor now. fitwell Computer Support 26 09-29-2003 03:15 AM
Downloading MP3s James Kelly Computer Support 7 09-12-2003 08:58 PM
Re: Help with Foreign MP3s Mitch Computer Support 0 07-16-2003 05:32 AM

Advertisments