Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Real 1 Player Help

Real 1 Player Help

News

I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?

Alex B

That's cos it keeps going off to Real to download "messages" for you. Best
thing you can do is deny it access, or you get pop ups from real all the
time near the systrey.

"News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:TiWIc.7204$Mr4.4391@pd7tw1no...
>I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
> it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
> keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?

Joel Rubin

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:00:03 GMT, "News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
>it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
>keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?

You can muck about with the preferences so you don't get any new
messages or update information. (you might want to check for updates
manually from time to time)

You might also want to check out Real Player Alternative.

Fucknuts

"News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:TiWIc.7204$Mr4.4391@pd7tw1no...
> I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
> it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
> keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?

Surely there must be a reason?

Harvey Van Sickle

On 13 Jul 2004, Joel Rubin wrote

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:00:03 GMT, "News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason
>> and lately it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is
>> there any value in keeping this player installed or should I gash
>> it ?
>>

> You can muck about with the preferences so you don't get any new
> messages or update information. (you might want to check for
> updates manually from time to time)
>
> You might also want to check out Real Player Alternative.

That was the solution I went for: it's *way* better than having
RealOne on the machine.

--
Cheers,
Harvey