Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Specific virus or adware that blocks web access ?

Specific virus or adware that blocks web access ?

Ed

Does anyone know of a specific virus or malicious program that blocks
web access ?
All other applications work fine, AOL instant messenger, usenet, email
etc. but web browsers will not work.. they are configured ok.

Thanks

Paul - xxx

Ed typed:
> Does anyone know of a specific virus or malicious program that blocks
> web access ?
> All other applications work fine, AOL instant messenger, usenet, email
> etc. but web browsers will not work.. they are configured ok.

Many .. and not just viruses ..

Update any AV software you have, also look for Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D and any
number of other good malware applications, and run them all .. But be
careful, some apparent malware isn't really, it just looks like it is. Read
the instructions before setting any 'cleaner' type application to delete
files ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks