Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any very good monitor color calibration devices?

Any very good monitor color calibration devices?

Arawak

Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the Monitor's
MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
Thanks
Arawak

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Arawak wrote:
> Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the Monitor's
> MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
> Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
> Thanks
> Arawak

I've heard Macs work best at color matching, but I personally don't care
for Macs. But there are quite a few solutions available:

http://www.publishingperfection.com/...alibration/57/

I've always had pretty good luck with adjusting the monitor to get
"close enough" to the final output. Some of these systems involve a puck
that you use to scan and compare the printed output to the video output,
make adjustments accordingly.

Boomer

Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the
> Monitor's MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
> Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
> Thanks
> Arawak

Monitor Calibration Wizard 771kb
http://www.hex2bit.com/products/index.asp

Kevin Horner

I set contrast to 100% and brightness to around 50%. in windows it makes
graphicks look great
news:40f221fc$0$419$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the
> > Monitor's MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
> > Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Arawak

> Monitor Calibration Wizard 771kb
> http://www.hex2bit.com/products/index.asp

---

Kevin Horner

sorry mispelled graphics
"Kevin Horner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I set contrast to 100% and brightness to around 50%. in windows it makes
> graphicks look great
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40f221fc$0$419$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> > Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the
> > > Monitor's MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
> > > Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
> > > Thanks
> > > Arawak

> > Monitor Calibration Wizard 771kb
> > http://www.hex2bit.com/products/index.asp
> >

> ---

---

Rgr, the out-of-bounds, translating dewberry

Rgr wrote:
> Arawak wrote:
>> Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the Monitor's
>> MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
>> Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
>> Thanks
>> Arawak

> I've heard Macs work

That's an unfounded rumour.

Boomer

Arawak wrote:
> Photos on my monitor always seem too dark.

Try the ****ing knobs on your screen, you dumb ****.

Jerry G.

Are you finding that when you turn the brightness to full, there is the lack
of range to get the brightness up? If this is correct, there is a problem
with the monitor. Internally, this can mean that the CRT is not getting
adequate G2 bias, or the CRT is starting to go weak.

When the CRT (picture tube) starts to get low in emission or be weak, there
are some symptoms that will occur. One or more will become apparent. CRT is
the abbreviation for "Cathode Ray Tube".

1) The brightness starts to decrease, thus there is a crashing, or lack of
details of the black levels in images.

2) When the contrast is increased the images start to loose sharpness,
especially on the edges. This is the beam focus starting to not be defined,
due to lower beam current in the CRT.

3) When viewing a B&W greyscale, the tracking of the colour will not follow,
or be properly adjustable anymore. The B&W reference will have some colour
in it.

4) The accuracy of the convergence starts to go out of specs, especially in
the corners.

5) A CRT that is failing may also give some intermittent faults, such as
colour flashing, or even a failure of a complete colour.

6) A CRT that is failing may also some smearing of the images, and the
images may also start to expand a little in their size.

7) A common damage to CRT's is the shadow mask or aperture grill displacing
itself, thus causing colour splotching that looks like bad colour purity.

The only fixes for the above symptoms is to replace the CRT. In most cases,
this is not feasible. Most of the time the manufactures will not supply a
replacement tube, because the cost of replacing it would exceed the cost of
a new monitor.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Arawak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the Monitor's
MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
Thanks
Arawak

ProfGene

If you have lightened the contrast as high as it will go on the monitor that
is all you can do with it. You might install the exact drivers for the
monitor and check the settings for the display in control panel, but if none
of that works you do have the option of using your image editing program if
you have a good one to lighten up the picture and modify the contrast so you
can see it on your computer but it might not look the same on another
computer that doesn't have the same problem.