Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screen color vs Printer colors....

Screen color vs Printer colors....

Fido

what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
monitor will be matched by the printer?...

Ghostrider

Fido wrote:

> what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
> monitor will be matched by the printer?...

They won't...at least not exactly perfectly. This is due
to the difference in the color resolution of the monitor
and that of the printer. A monitor is capable of showing
much more color shadings.

127.0.0.1

"Fido" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
> monitor will be matched by the printer?...

test prints and record settings. (paper choice must be consistent)
colour matching systems for professional use is available for a price.

-a|ex

PJB

"Fido" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what is the best way to insure that the color values that

you see on your
> monitor will be matched by the printer?...

you can't. What your eye can see, is not the same as what
the monitor can display, similarly, what the monitor can
display isn't the same as what the printer can print.
It's called the Colour Gamut, or colour space. Our eyes have
a much larger one, printer gamuts are small in comparison.
Expensive colour printers do allow better matching between
colour spaces, but even then, some colours (notably blues &
greens) are difficult for printers to reproduce faithfully.

P.

Jerry G.

You will have to spend a lot of money on a professional monitor, the colour
calibration standard software, video card, and also the printer. With home
or standard office type equipment, it will be impossible to have an absolute
accurate system.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"Fido" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
monitor will be matched by the printer?...

°Mike°

Using colour profiles is the best option.

Using Device Profiles with ICM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...m/icm_9l7x.asp

ICC Color Printer Profiles for EPSONŽ Printers
http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/cm/profilechooser1.html

Color Profiles for Beginners
http://www.windowatch.com/2001/january/chong7_1.html

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:46:17 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Fido scrawled:

>what is the best way to insure that the color values that you
>see on your monitor will be matched by the printer?...

--
Basic computer maintenance