Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVI aspect ratio

AVI aspect ratio

burp@easy.com

I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

Ionizer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
> removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
> including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

And what is the problem with the aspect ratio of the image?

--
Ian.

burp@easy.com

It's too wide compared to the height.

burp

-----

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:32:57 -0400, "Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
>> removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
>> including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

>And what is the problem with the aspect ratio of the image?

Gary G. Taylor

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:32:57 -0400, "Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
>>> removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
>>> including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

>>And what is the problem with the aspect ratio of the image?

> It's too wide compared to the height.

[top posting corrected]

By the sound of things, you are looking at a 1.33:1 video in an anamorphic
("unsqueezed") format. Check on this: if things are as you describe, a
circle looks like an oval that is widest in the horizontal plane. If, on
the other hand, the circle is taller than it is wide, you are looking at an
anamorphic [squeezed] movie without using the unsqueezing option. Either
way, I'm certain there is an adjustment for it. Have you tried going
through the program's settings? Have you tried right-clicking on the image
while the movie is playing?
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

John H. Guillory

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:07:32 +1000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
>removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
>including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

First off, Goggling only helps if your swimming under water, or
wanting to look down under water while swimming. G-Spotting will only
help you become a better lover. Removing codeces will only help you
to have more problems playing video files for the most part. If your
problem you are having a problem with is the aspect ratio, then you'll
need a program like aviedit, videoedit, virtualdub, etc.... But, be
fair warned, the only way to change the aspect ratio is to make the
picture look weird. People in the video will either become fatter or
skinnier, depending on how you change the aspect. Of course, you
could opt to chop the top and bottom and do it the way professional
videos do it...