Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Menu bar background washed out colour to left

Menu bar background washed out colour to left

Mike

XP Home

This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP theme
with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background to all the
toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the left side of the
menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler than the right. It is so
slight that I am not sure if it has always been that way but I am noticing
it all the time now. It is not an artefact or the monitor because I took a
screen dump and compared the two ends the of bar in another area of the
screen and one is colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is
colour R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the scheme
back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a time before I
noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in Outlook Express but
Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also affected. Some third party
applications with very small toolbars like Edxor are not affected. Has
anybody had this or know of a fix? It is starting to drive me crackers.
Thanks.

--
Regards

Synapse Syndrome

news:ccpffk$hg5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP Home
>
> This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP theme
> with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background to all the
> toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the left side of the
> menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler than the right. It is

so
> slight that I am not sure if it has always been that way but I am noticing
> it all the time now. It is not an artefact or the monitor because I took a
> screen dump and compared the two ends the of bar in another area of the
> screen and one is colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is
> colour R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
> latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the scheme
> back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a time before I
> noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in Outlook Express but
> Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also affected. Some third party
> applications with very small toolbars like Edxor are not affected. Has
> anybody had this or know of a fix? It is starting to drive me crackers.
> Thanks.

It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes do the
same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.

ss.

Mike

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
> news:ccpffk$hg5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> XP Home
>>
>> This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP
>> theme with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background
>> to all the toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the
>> left side of the menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler
>> than the right. It is so slight that I am not sure if it has always
>> been that way but I am noticing it all the time now. It is not an
>> artefact or the monitor because I took a screen dump and compared
>> the two ends the of bar in another area of the screen and one is
>> colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is colour
>> R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
>> latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the
>> scheme back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a
>> time before I noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in
>> Outlook Express but Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also
>> affected. Some third party applications with very small toolbars
>> like Edxor are not affected. Has anybody had this or know of a fix?
>> It is starting to drive me crackers. Thanks.
>>

> It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes
> do the same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.

I considered that but I am not sure. First the degree of gradation varies
between applications, second it is at most only very slight and so just
offputting rather than a feature. Thirdly none of the other application
areas are similarly graded so again it makes it look offputting. This OE
message window I am typing into now for example has the very slightly paler
left side to the menubar and toolbar but the panel directly below it (News
Server, Newsgroups etc.), is not graded and looks odd therefore. Thanks.

--
Regards

Mike

Mike wrote:
> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ccpffk$hg5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> XP Home
>>>
>>> This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP
>>> theme with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background
>>> to all the toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the
>>> left side of the menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler
>>> than the right. It is so slight that I am not sure if it has always
>>> been that way but I am noticing it all the time now. It is not an
>>> artefact or the monitor because I took a screen dump and compared
>>> the two ends the of bar in another area of the screen and one is
>>> colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is colour
>>> R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
>>> latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the
>>> scheme back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a
>>> time before I noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in
>>> Outlook Express but Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also
>>> affected. Some third party applications with very small toolbars
>>> like Edxor are not affected. Has anybody had this or know of a fix?
>>> It is starting to drive me crackers. Thanks.
>>>

>> It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes
>> do the same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.
>>

> I considered that but I am not sure. First the degree of gradation
> varies between applications, second it is at most only very slight
> and so just offputting rather than a feature. Thirdly none of the
> other application areas are similarly graded so again it makes it
> look offputting. This OE message window I am typing into now for
> example has the very slightly paler left side to the menubar and
> toolbar but the panel directly below it (News Server, Newsgroups
> etc.), is not graded and looks odd therefore. Thanks.

As a fourth point the default titlebar colour grade is in the opposite
direction.

--
Regards

ron

news:ccphdk$ish$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike wrote:
> > Synapse Syndrome wrote:
> >> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:ccpffk$hg5$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes
> >> do the same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.
> >>

> > I considered that but I am not sure. First the degree of gradation
> > varies between applications, second it is at most only very slight
> > and so just offputting rather than a feature. Thirdly none of the
> > other application areas are similarly graded so again it makes it
> > look offputting. This OE message window I am typing into now for
> > example has the very slightly paler left side to the menubar and
> > toolbar but the panel directly below it (News Server, Newsgroups
> > etc.), is not graded and looks odd therefore. Thanks.

> As a fourth point the default titlebar colour grade is in the opposite
> direction.
>
> --
> Regards

format c: then reinstall should fix it

Toolman Tim

"ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| news:ccphdk$ish$(E-Mail Removed)...

>| > As a fourth point the default titlebar colour grade is in the
>| > opposite direction.
>| >
>| > --
>| > Regards
>| >
>| format c: then reinstall should fix it