Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How and where can I do a dig command on the internet

How and where can I do a dig command on the internet

mike

Hi,
Where on the internet is there a place that I can type in the following
dig command dig <domain name > NS| grep -i ns

JabberSmith

"mike" <nogood@.invalid> wrote in message
news:yJSHc.11353$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Hi,
> Where on the internet is there a place that I can type in the

following
> dig command dig <domain name > NS| grep -i ns

Download and install it. It's worth the effort.

I know of no web sites that has a web interface for it.

doS

Install what?

"JabberSmith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mike" <nogood@.invalid> wrote in message
> news:yJSHc.11353$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> > Hi,
> > Where on the internet is there a place that I can type in the

> following
> > dig command dig <domain name > NS| grep -i ns
> >

> Download and install it. It's worth the effort.
>
> I know of no web sites that has a web interface for it.

why?

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:06:22 GMT, mike wrote:

>Hi,
> Where on the internet is there a place that I can type in the following
>dig command dig <domain name > NS| grep -i ns

On a Linux/Unix box, you could buy a hosting account with shell
commands.

www.google.com , search for - looking glass dig
you will find places like
http://looking-glass.optus.net.au/