Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost icon in task bar

Lost icon in task bar

Phil B.

I used to have two small computers show up on my task bar when I connected
to the Internet. When I was receiving or sending data, they would light up.
Now I lost them. Any suggestions to get them back in the Task bar?

PRB

ICee

Phil B. wrote:
> I used to have two small computers show up on my task bar when I
> connected to the Internet. When I was receiving or sending data, they
> would light up. Now I lost them. Any suggestions to get them back in
> the Task bar?
>
> PRB

Control Panel, Network Connections, right click on your connection and
select Properties, General tab, near ther bottom, check "Show icon...."

Phil B.

ICee.

Using win98 SE. Does it work with that OS?
Phil B.

news(E-Mail Removed)...

Phil B. wrote:
> ICee.
>
> Using win98 SE. Does it work with that OS?
> Phil B.

Since you didn't mention OS, I gave the info for XP. It's been too long
since I used 98; can't remember how to get it back with that OS. Sorry.

> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Phil B. wrote:
>>> I used to have two small computers show up on my task bar when I
>>> connected to the Internet. When I was receiving or sending data,
>>> they would light up. Now I lost them. Any suggestions to get them
>>> back in the Task bar?
>>>
>>> PRB

>> Control Panel, Network Connections, right click on your connection
>> and select Properties, General tab, near ther bottom, check "Show
>> icon...."

Phil B.

Thanks for trying.