Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > outlook express message retrieval

outlook express message retrieval

Kim Krueger

I got new computer copies all the old messages (dbx files) move them the new
computer can read them
using outlook express Ver 6.00
operating system Win XP
was using Win 98

Kim

Brian

"Kim Krueger" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ywvHc.48026$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I got new computer copies all the old messages (dbx files) move them the

new
> computer can read them
> using outlook express Ver 6.00
> operating system Win XP
> was using Win 98
>
> Kim

yes, i've also heard that it can also be quite painfull!

Boomer

"Kim Krueger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I got new computer copies all the old messages (dbx files) move
> them the new computer can read them
> using outlook express Ver 6.00
> operating system Win XP
> was using Win 98
>
> Kim

Hello

This will help in the future.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Is this what you are asking about?
Backup and restore (OE/IE)
How to Back Up and Recover Outlook Express Data
This article describes how to back up and restore your messages,
Address Book, mail accounts, and news accounts in OE 5 and later.

Complete Clone Backup OE
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm

Please 'munge' your e-mail address when posting on usenet.

~ Munging ~
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

If you use Outlook Express go to...
Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
and "Reply address" fields.

Please verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

Example: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid

Please use 'invalid' after the 'com'.
Information about "Reserved TLDs" (RFC 2606), such as .invalid,
at bottom of this page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain

~ Spambots ~
http://www.turnstep.com/Spambot/info.html