Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer homepage taken over

Internet Explorer homepage taken over

t gilb

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:19:03 GMT, in
> <XvlHc.7476$(E-Mail Removed). net>
> t gilb scrawled:
>
> <snip>
>
> >Mike, This is the contents of the existing host file:
> >---------------------------------------
> >Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
> >#
> ># This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

> <snip>
>
> ># 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
> ># 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
> >
> >127.0.0.1 localhost
> >-----------------------------
> >Replace it?

> Yes, replace it. That's just a sample placed there by the
> installation routine.
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Thanks!

°Mike°

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:34:16 GMT, in
<cKlHc.7484$(E-Mail Removed). net>
t gilb scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

>> Yes, replace it. That's just a sample placed there by the
>> installation routine.
>>

>Thanks!

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Parko

TechNews dipped a thumbnail in tar and wrote:

> 1. I'm not affiliated with Red Hat or any other vendor.

So? You belong in c.o.l.a or alt.os. windows-xp. Note my sig. My primary
desktop is MandrakeLinux 10. I'm using SUSE 9.1 at the moment. I also use
WinXP HE for gaming, and WinXP Pro on my laptop for/at work. If you must
advocate anything, advocate the use of Open Source Software such as
Mozilla, OpenOffice.org or whatever. Thrusting propaganda down peoples
throats wears thin, like an irritating TV commercial.
--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

TechNews

Parko wrote:

> TechNews dipped a thumbnail in tar and wrote:
>
>> 1. I'm not affiliated with Red Hat or any other vendor.
>>

> So? You belong in c.o.l.a or alt.os. windows-xp. Note my sig.

Says who? If a NG is open to all discussion, then it is open to ALL
discussion.

> desktop is MandrakeLinux 10. I'm using SUSE 9.1 at the moment. I also use
> WinXP HE for gaming, and WinXP Pro on my laptop for/at work. If you must

Couldn't care less what you use. It's irrelevant.

> advocate anything, advocate the use of Open Source Software such as
> Mozilla, OpenOffice.org or whatever.

O.K.

>Thrusting propaganda down peoples
> throats wears thin, like an irritating TV commercial.

I don't see how posting a government warning about a very real threat in
the use of a particular piece of software may be considered propaganda.

--
Security:Reliability:Speed