Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dragging icons

Reply
Thread Tools

Dragging icons

 
 
Bulld0g
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any idea
why this is.

Thanks for any help

P.S. I'm running pro on both


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
Bulld0g wrote:
> Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
> taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any idea
> why this is.


> Thanks for any help


> P.S. I'm running pro on both


Is your Quick Launch bar set to be displayed?

Right-click on the taskbar > toolbars and place a checkmark next to
Quick Launch. You might need to 'unlock the toolbars' to size it
to your liking.

It should accept icons, now. Lock it again, when done, or it may not
reappear after a reboot/logout.

HTH

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Free your mind, and your OS will follow...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bulld0g
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004

"DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Bulld0g wrote:
> > Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
> > taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any

idea
> > why this is.

>
> > Thanks for any help

>
> > P.S. I'm running pro on both

>
> Is your Quick Launch bar set to be displayed?
>
> Right-click on the taskbar > toolbars and place a checkmark next to
> Quick Launch. You might need to 'unlock the toolbars' to size it
> to your liking.
>
> It should accept icons, now. Lock it again, when done, or it may not
> reappear after a reboot/logout.


Great stuff DC, thanks )


 
Reply With Quote
 
DC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
bulld0g wrote:

> "DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Bulld0g wrote:
>> > Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
>> > taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any

> idea
>> > why this is.


>> > Thanks for any help


>> > P.S. I'm running pro on both


>> Is your Quick Launch bar set to be displayed?


>> Right-click on the taskbar > toolbars and place a checkmark next to
>> Quick Launch. You might need to 'unlock the toolbars' to size it
>> to your liking.


>> It should accept icons, now. Lock it again, when done, or it may not
>> reappear after a reboot/logout.


> Great stuff DC, thanks )


You're welcome.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Free your mind, and your OS will follow...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
show desktop icons missing under arrange icons by JoAnna Windows 64bit 15 03-10-2009 08:23 AM
Sometimes Explorer vanishes along with the icons, but the icons come back Desdemona@Verona.com Computer Support 1 12-06-2007 03:17 AM
JTree and those small Icons ahead folder, file etc icons. Richie Williams Java 5 10-25-2007 05:01 PM
Customize Dragging pixturesk@hotmail.com Firefox 2 07-13-2005 11:51 PM
Dragging buttons around Firefox toolbar area (observed) Splibbilla Firefox 0 04-09-2005 12:38 AM



Advertisments