Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > toshiba laptop want win xp

toshiba laptop want win xp

allan

Hi
This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
when it comes to ram?
regards al

Gordon

"allan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
> possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
> when it comes to ram?
> regards al

You CAN install XP with only 64 MB of RAM, but I wouldn't want to try and
run much on it! Can the laptop be upgraded? What model Tosh is it?

EricP

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:02:14 +0200, allan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
>possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
>when it comes to ram?
>regards al

Did this last week. It will go but it's just not worth the bother. ME
is the highest you can really go and have the thing work on more than
a basic level.

Try it and see what I mean. It only takes a little time and is quite
interesting.

(Remember to turn off "Indexing")

allan

Gordon wrote:
> "allan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi
>>This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
>>possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
>>when it comes to ram?
>>regards al

> You CAN install XP with only 64 MB of RAM, but I wouldn't want to try and
> run much on it! Can the laptop be upgraded? What model Tosh is it?

Hi
it's a toshiba sattelite 2520 cdt.It's sounds like it's not really worth
it as the whole thing probably melts down if I do.
Thank you to you and the others for the help.
regards al