Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Prepping Large Files for posting

Prepping Large Files for posting

Jennifer Taggart

How do you splice a file and yEnc it for posting on newsgroups?

Plato

http://www.yenc32.com/index.php

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

why?

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:33:24 GMT, Jennifer Taggart wrote:

>How do you splice a file and yEnc it for posting on newsgroups?

Carefully?

For Windows,
Some news readers have this built in like ForteAgent.

Powerpost, is very nice, as it does PAR/2 , SFV , nzb and if IIRC makes
reposting missing parts easier to fill requests.
Original http://www.cosmicwolf.com/power_post_2000.htm or the newer
version http://powerpost.free.fr/

Manually using HJSplit / yenc.
http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
http://www.yenc32.com/

For a different OS, search www.google.com

Me

°Mike°

Using Outlook Express? I wouldn't even bother,
if I were you. Use a client that does this natively.
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

Top three, IMO:

Agent
http://www.forteinc.com/

40tude Dialog
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

Xnews
http://xnews.newsguy.com/

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:33:24 GMT, in
<UWcHc.1$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jennifer Taggart scrawled:

>How do you splice a file and yEnc it for posting on newsgroups?

--
Basic computer maintenance