Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Telephone point/modem problem?

Telephone point/modem problem?

w_tom

Connect modem to line receptacle (wall jack). Then plug
telephone into modem's second receptacle labeled "phone".
(Verify you have used correct receptacles on modem for line
and phone). If modem is connected, then phone connected to
line via modem will work just fine.

Now is that a conventional dial tone or does dialtone also
indicate messages on an answering machine? Is there anything
special about that phone line? Such variations are "No
Dialtone Detected" to modems.

"ºoºfizzyºoº" wrote:
> it's definately to do with the line as I've now tried
> different modems....
> same result each time.

rajeshps@poboxes.com

Looks like your modem is not detecting the dial tone.
click control Panel->Modem->Properties->Connection->Advanced->Extra
Settings"atx1"(without quotes)

This should allow your system to do a blind dialing

Rajesh Sanghrajka