Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > over protected ?

over protected ?

max

i run AVG and zonealarm on my house pc...
now i've got a laptop with norton built in..
is there any point in running these two on top ?

Brian

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ccjf91$eo8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i run AVG and zonealarm on my house pc...
> now i've got a laptop with norton built in..
> is there any point in running these two on top ?

are you talking about both pc's being on a LAN and connecting to the i-net
through ICS?
if so.. you will have to set up your firewall on the "host pc" to allow your
other pc/notebook to access the i-net.. i.e giving the "client" permission
to acces the net. BTW it is always better to have a virus scanner on all
pc's (preferably the same) even if both are (auto) protected through the
host pc..

°Mike°

AVG, though not as bloated, can not hold a
candle to Norton AV for efficacy, though it is
far less troublesome in other respects. I
assume that you mean NIS re. ZoneAlarm?
There is no need to use two personal firewalls.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:38:58 +0000 (UTC), in
<ccjf91$eo8$(E-Mail Removed)>
max scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Plato

max wrote:

> i run AVG and zonealarm on my house pc...
> now i've got a laptop with norton built in..
> is there any point in running these two on top ?

You only want one anti-virus and one firewall running 24/7 if you are
into that.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/