Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Update activated

Windows Update activated

Dale Randall

The Windows Update icon has been appearing in my system tray on an almost
daily basis as of late (sometimes several times daily). I click on it, and,
as expected, it installs an update.

I recently had a bout with some viruses that my virus checker supposedly
"cured", and I'm wondering if it's connected.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't understand why my system (WinMe)
would need so many updates, and so often.

Thanks....

DR

Catenuloplanes

Dale Randall wrote:
> The Windows Update icon has been appearing in my system tray on an
> almost daily basis as of late (sometimes several times daily). I
> click on it, and, as expected, it installs an update.
>
> I recently had a bout with some viruses that my virus checker
> supposedly "cured", and I'm wondering if it's connected.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? I can't understand why my system
> (WinMe) would need so many updates, and so often.

Microsoft. Updates. Daily basis. Normal behaviour.

Of course, I could tell you to see if you have a catroot2 folder and to
delete it if you have one, but I use XP.