Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bad DVD copies

Bad DVD copies

HandyAndy

I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.

Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back up
some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.

Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie keeps
pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.

Is it something I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Andy.

nolly

"HandyAndy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40eb4780$0$6449$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
>
> Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back up
> some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
>
> Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie

keeps
> pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
> when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
>
> Is it something I am doing wrong?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

Try a different make of disc.
Try DVD -R/+R instead of RW.

I have had the same problem with RW discs that have not been given a full
format.

cheers,

nolly

nolly, the frayed, tufting jolthead

nolly wrote:

> Try DVD -R/+R instead of RW.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HandyAndy

"nolly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccgiqm$sjf$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "HandyAndy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40eb4780$0$6449$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
> >
> > Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back

up
> > some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
> >
> > Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie

> keeps
> > pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
> > when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
> >
> > Is it something I am doing wrong?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Andy.

> Try a different make of disc.
> Try DVD -R/+R instead of RW.
>
> I have had the same problem with RW discs that have not been given a full
> format.
>
> cheers,
>
> nolly

cheers nolly, what do you use to fully format your rw discs.

Andy.

Don

In article <40eb4780$0$6449$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
>
> Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back up
> some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
>
> Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie keeps
> pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
> when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
>
> Is it something I am doing wrong?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

That sucks. if you give up on trying to make the two programs work
together, just go for 123 Copy. It's pretty hard to screw up.

HandyAndy

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> In article <40eb4780$0$6449$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
> >
> > Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back

up
> > some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
> >
> > Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie

keeps
> > pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
> > when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
> >
> > Is it something I am doing wrong?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Andy.
> >

> That sucks. if you give up on trying to make the two programs work
> together, just go for 123 Copy. It's pretty hard to screw up.

Cheers Don, I might just try that.

Andy.