Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > dell computer

dell computer

nospot

I have a Dell laptop, the battery will run the computer, but when I
plug in the power supply I loose all power.

Paul Roberts

How old is it?

"nospot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Dell laptop, the battery will run the computer, but when I
> plug in the power supply I loose all power.

°Mike°

On 5 Jul 2004 07:08:51 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (nospot),wrote:

>I have a Dell laptop, the battery will run the computer, but when I
>plug in the power supply I loose all power.

You need a new supply.

Rod

First off, check the power supply for voltage at the connector( computer
end), typically 13 to 15 volts under load, 18 to 22 volts dc no load. If no
voltage
is present, replace supply. If voltage is present at thwe connector then the
problem area next on the list is the connection area on the computer,
normally a switch
built on to the main board, in which case you'll have to contact Dell or a
local computer tech.

Rod

"nospot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Dell laptop, the battery will run the computer, but when I
> plug in the power supply I loose all power.

°Mike°

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:29:14 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
°Mike° scrawled: