Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP will not let me open a new Access file - Help please

XP will not let me open a new Access file - Help please

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| Win XP pro and Office XP
>|
>| I used to be able to use Access on my system but now when I try to
>| open a file ot crerate a new data base I get an error message
>|
>| Workgroup administrator could not create a workgroup administration
>| file. I am the administrator and there is plenty of room on the HD.
>|
>| This seems to have started since I installed net framework but that
>| may be a coincidence.
>|
>| How can I give myself the necessary permissions to allow the file to
>| be created.
>|
>| John

Just guessing, but I'd try running Access's workgroup administrator
program...

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Boomer

John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Win XP pro and Office XP
>
> I used to be able to use Access on my system but now when I try
> to open a file ot crerate a new data base I get an error message
>
> Workgroup administrator could not create a workgroup
> administration file. I am the administrator and there is plenty
> of room on the HD.
>
> This seems to have started since I installed net framework but
> that may be a coincidence.
>
> How can I give myself the necessary permissions to allow the
> file to be created.
>
> John

Do you have permission to use the domain 'world.com' in your address?
Just curious.

pcbutts1

Fix your clock.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win XP pro and Office XP
>
> I used to be able to use Access on my system but now when I try to
> open a file ot crerate a new data base I get an error message
>
> Workgroup administrator could not create a workgroup administration
> file. I am the administrator and there is plenty of room on the HD.
>
> This seems to have started since I installed net framework but that
> may be a coincidence.
>
> How can I give myself the necessary permissions to allow the file to
> be created.
>
> John

Boomer

"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Fix your clock.

If he's an NTL customer, it's not his fault.

It seems that NTL has a problem with the news server and the time
settings, if I've read some of the messages here correctly.

John

Win XP pro and Office XP

I used to be able to use Access on my system but now when I try to
open a file ot crerate a new data base I get an error message

Workgroup administrator could not create a workgroup administration
file. I am the administrator and there is plenty of room on the HD.

This seems to have started since I installed net framework but that
may be a coincidence.

How can I give myself the necessary permissions to allow the file to
be created.

John

John

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:01:15 GMT, "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Fix your clock.

The clock on my PC is accurate to 5 seconds. Can't fix it much better
than that.

John