Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CD-Rom problem

CD-Rom problem

el duderino

Hi all, I wonder if anyone out there has any idea of how to fit a film that
is *just* too big onto a CD?
I have fitted 715Mb film onto the Packard Bell CDR's I am using (using Nero)
but now have a couple that are 717'ish which I cannot fit on.
Is there any way to slightly compress a film etc? The 2 I need to do are
Divx & avi formats.
TIA
PS: XP Pro, and I don't use the MS burner!

BigTom

you can adjust nero to overburn.
look under FILE/PREFERENCES on the Expert features tab.
ive set mine to 82min 0sec 0frm and it works fine. (LG Burner)
CAUTION:- READ THE NOTES IN THE EXPERT FEATURES TAB
we dont want you to damage your burner.
note: i remember having to use the ms burner to burn a movie when nero
wouldn't do it, but it was a last resort.

el duderino wrote:
> Hi all, I wonder if anyone out there has any idea of how to fit a film that
> is *just* too big onto a CD?
> I have fitted 715Mb film onto the Packard Bell CDR's I am using (using Nero)
> but now have a couple that are 717'ish which I cannot fit on.
> Is there any way to slightly compress a film etc? The 2 I need to do are
> Divx & avi formats.
> TIA
> PS: XP Pro, and I don't use the MS burner!

Max

In article <2MRFc.24379$(E-Mail Removed)> , el
duderino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi all, I wonder if anyone out there has any idea of how to fit a film that
> is *just* too big onto a CD?
> I have fitted 715Mb film onto the Packard Bell CDR's I am using (using Nero)
> but now have a couple that are 717'ish which I cannot fit on.
> Is there any way to slightly compress a film etc? The 2 I need to do are
> Divx & avi formats.
> TIA
> PS: XP Pro, and I don't use the MS burner!

There are many ways, of course.
Easiest and least damaging -- just remove some parts. Use any movie
editor to do this.
You can also recompress it again with a higher degree of compression.
If you already have taken a DVD and made it that small, I can't see
compressing it any further -- it already must be really low quality.

Plato

el duderino wrote:

> Hi all, I wonder if anyone out there has any idea of how to fit a film that
> is *just* too big onto a CD?

Perhaps its time you invested in a DVD Burner

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/