Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WinXP WindowsExplorer File search -- aberant behaviour -- How totame?

WinXP WindowsExplorer File search -- aberant behaviour -- How totame?

Richard Owlett

Evidently the "search for text in files" function only works for files
with a extension that Windows *PRESUMES ARBITRARILY* to be text files.

How can I force it to search for an ASCII text string in *ANY* file?
I'd grumpily settle for searching all files of a specified extension.

°Mike°

The Windows XP search function is a pile of poo.
Use Agent Ransack; you will find it FAR superior.
http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:18:51 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard Owlett scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Don't complain to me, complain to Microsoft!

I gave you a FREE, superior alternative.

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 15:52:06 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard Owlett scrawled: