Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE 6 tweak needed

OE 6 tweak needed

bob

When in newsgroups, and you click on the "newsgroups" icon to get a list of
the groups available, is there any way possible to change the font size in
the box?
I can change everything else but this item.
I would prefer slightly larger and darker font for easier reading.

thanks if you can help.

please. I already done checked out the desktop properties thing.

°Mike°

This is a system-wide setting, that needs to be
changed from Control Panel / Display / Appearance.

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 22:26:07 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
bob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Richard

> This is a system-wide setting, that needs to be
> changed from Control Panel / Display / Appearance.

I would suggest you try it out before mouthing off.
None of the settings in "appearance" have any effect.
I think this may be a fixed setting in the software itself.

°Mike°

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:33:43 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

>> This is a system-wide setting, that needs to be
>> changed from Control Panel / Display / Appearance.
>>

>I would suggest you try it out before mouthing off.

I suggest you FOAD.

>None of the settings in "appearance" have any effect.
>I think this may be a fixed setting in the software itself.

This has nothing to do with the software. It is a
system setting, as I said. If it can't be changed in
the control panel applet, it is a default system font
(system-wide setting); get it?

--

> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:33:43 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Richard scrawled:
>

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> This is a system-wide setting, that needs to be
> >> changed from Control Panel / Display / Appearance.
> >>

> >I would suggest you try it out before mouthing off.

> I suggest you FOAD.
>
> >None of the settings in "appearance" have any effect.
> >I think this may be a fixed setting in the software itself.

> This has nothing to do with the software. It is a
> system setting, as I said. If it can't be changed in
> the control panel applet, it is a default system font
> (system-wide setting); get it?

No it does not. I have tried all the font settings and they have no effect
on the newsgroups listings. AS I SAID, this may be in the software in a dll.

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| > On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:33:43 -0500, in
>| > <(E-Mail Removed)>
>| > Richard scrawled:

>| > I suggest you FOAD.

>| > This has nothing to do with the software. It is a
>| > system setting, as I said. If it can't be changed in
>| > the control panel applet, it is a default system font
>| > (system-wide setting); get it?
>|
>| No it does not. I have tried all the font settings and they have no
>| effect on the newsgroups listings. AS I SAID, this may be in the
>| software in a dll.

Mike was telling you that NOT ALL system fonts are changeable - from the
display settings, or from anywhere.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

°Mike°

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 12:38:50 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

>> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:33:43 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Richard scrawled:
>>

>> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >>

>> >I would suggest you try it out before mouthing off.

>> I suggest you FOAD.
>>
>> >None of the settings in "appearance" have any effect.
>> >I think this may be a fixed setting in the software itself.

>> This has nothing to do with the software. It is a
>> system setting, as I said. If it can't be changed in
>> the control panel applet, it is a default system font
>> (system-wide setting); get it?

>No it does not. I have tried all the font settings and they have no effect
>on the newsgroups listings. AS I SAID, this may be in the software in a dll.

I don't give a flying fig what you have and haven't
tried, Bullis. Default system fonts are used in
dialog boxes in which there is no option to change
the font, software-wise; Microsoft would NOT place
a separate, or particular font INSIDE of a link library,
just for Outlook Express, you moron.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

"Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4_Fc.1055$(E-Mail Removed)
>| Toolman Tim wrote:
>| > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
>| > news:(E-Mail Removed)

>| >>|

>| > Mike was telling you that NOT ALL system fonts are changeable -
>| > from the display settings, or from anywhere.
>| >

>| I argue for fun, Bullis argues because he's a ****wit.

LOL! Me too...a reasonable exchange of wit is good to keep the edge on. Of
course, it's got me plonked a few times <g>

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Toolman Tim wrote:
> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
>>| "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>| No it does not. I have tried all the font settings and they have no
>>| effect on the newsgroups listings. AS I SAID, this may be in the
>>| software in a dll.

> Mike was telling you that NOT ALL system fonts are changeable - from the
> display settings, or from anywhere.

I argue for fun, Bullis argues because he's a ****wit.

Thund3rstruck_n0i

Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
> No it does not. I have tried all the font settings and they have no effect
> on the newsgroups listings. AS I SAID, this may be in the software in a
> dll.

Do you even have a clue what a .dll is?

NOI