Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advice on Buying

Advice on Buying

Lee Davison

Im looking to put some of my VHS videos onto VCD, these are things like
music concerts off the TV. I dont really know how to go about it. I take it
I need some sort of TV capture card, I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB
graphics card installed. I have a DVD R drive and a CDR drive so from a disc
creation point of view im sorted. Could someone advise:
1) What TV Card I need (min spec, approx price )
2) What cables I would need for the video recorder connection
3) What ports I need to ensure my video has before I buy any of the above.

Thanks all,
Lee Davison

--
"Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
www.geocities.com/ldavison10

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Lee Davison wrote:

> Im looking to put some of my VHS videos onto VCD, these are things like
> music concerts off the TV. I dont really know how to go about it. I take it
> I need some sort of TV capture card, I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB
> graphics card installed. I have a DVD R drive and a CDR drive so from a disc
> creation point of view im sorted. Could someone advise:
> 1) What TV Card I need (min spec, approx price )
> 2) What cables I would need for the video recorder connection
> 3) What ports I need to ensure my video has before I buy any of the above.
>
> Thanks all,
> Lee Davison

Any video capture card should do okay with VHS tapes (providing you have
a relatively decent computer). Once captured, burn them to vcd with the
CDRW or the DVD R drive. You may find that many tapes produce files
large enough to rquire DVD +R/-R. For cables, you can use good old RCA
composite (yellow, red & white) or even coax video cable for input. Got
S Video? Even better.

Dodo

http://www.adstech.com/products/API_550/pdf/API550b.pdf

Plug that bad boy in, fire up Windows Movie Maker and capture some high
quality video. Once you get it to your hdd, you can encode it into a file
small enough to fit on a CD.

Dodo

search pricewatch.com for api-550

Advice on buying a laptop please Buffy Computer Support 4 07-05-2004 06:38 PM
Buying advice (ds3 equipment) bumba Cisco 7 05-01-2004 11:44 PM
Buying advice Tomek Dudziak Cisco 1 04-18-2004 03:32 PM
Hard disk buying advice needed rednose Computer Support 4 09-27-2003 10:22 PM
Buying a new system. I have 4 video card choices. Need advice. RossColter@no.mail.here Computer Support 1 08-02-2003 07:59 AM

Advertisments