Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > web pages

web pages

Broom Hilda

OS 98 SE - IE 6- Outlook Express 6

I never used to have this problem, just recently when I open some web pages
all I see is an X. This also happens with some emails. Does anyone have any
ideas.

tia BH

Boomer

"Broom Hilda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> OS 98 SE - IE 6- Outlook Express 6
>
> I never used to have this problem, just recently when I open
> some web pages all I see is an X. This also happens with some
> emails. Does anyone have any ideas.
>
> tia BH

Hi

It's been mentioned many times. Good can tell you and so can the
archives at Google Groups.
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Search for Red X etc,

Broom Hilda

O.K. I did everything suggested on web site. Still does NOT work. I sent
the link to a friend and he opened it with no problem. so I still need help.

Mike (the real one) please help!!!!!!

Broom Hilda

Please refer to the post-- I need your help

Boomer

"Broom Hilda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> O.K. I did everything suggested on web site.

There's more than one site.

> Still does NOT
> work. I sent the link to a friend and he opened it with no
> problem. so I still need help.
>
> Mike (the real one) please help!!!!!!

Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
in your reply?
(Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

If you had searched the Google Groups archive
(http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search) you would have found
this from the 'real' Mike.

http://www.google.com/groups?q=+%22r...rsupport.helpd
esk+author:mike&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
8&safe=off&scoring=d&selm=40f40e74.36057781%40loca lhost&rnum=1

Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V49C127B8

HTH

Boomer

"Broom Hilda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Please refer to the post-- I need your help

Please include some of the message you are responding to,
in your reply?
(Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

Further info:

Thank You Very Much

°Mike°

Read and digest:

Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
Start Web Browser

OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
Outlook Express

Internet Explorer - New Windows - Open with...
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ienewind.htm

Blank Page
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/blankpge.htm

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 02:24:37 GMT, in