Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVI files, How do I join / view ??

AVI files, How do I join / view ??

Farmer Creek

Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
appreciated!!

jovan

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:00:54 GMT, Farmer Creek <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
>appreciated!!

Use google, type in JAS splitter joiner
It's free and works great.
joevan

jovan

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:27:13 GMT, jovan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:00:54 GMT, Farmer Creek <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
>>appreciated!!

>Use google, type in JAS splitter joiner
>It's free and works great.
>joevan

Playing movies depends on your OS. If they won't play then do a google
for AVI video player.
joevan

Richard

"Farmer Creek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns951B654541DE4snatblarkyahoocom@24.93.44.11 9...
> Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
> appreciated!!

AVI files can be a nightmare.
First, you need to know which of the hundreds of codecs to use.
To join split files use "Combine and decode" or a program or the batch file
if one was included.

www.jas-etc.com Just another splitter.
www.tomasoft.com mastersplitter.
www.divx,com beware that the later versions are spyware.

Unk

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:00:54 GMT, Farmer Creek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
>appreciated!!

Combine:
"xxx.mpg" (01/50) tells us this is part 1 of 50 parts.
Use "Combine and Decode" to join:
Highlight the files you want to combine & decode.
(Click the first, hold "Shift" or "Control"
to select the rest of the group)
From Outlook: Select "Message", "Combine & Decode"

Multiple:
For multiple files (xxx.mpg.001, xxx.mpg.002, etc):
"xxx.mpg.050" tells us this is part 50 of the file but we have
no idea how many parts are needed unless there is also a "xxx.bat"
file which is the stand-alone joiner, and lists the number of files
in the set. To join without "xxx.bat", you MUST have "xxx.mpg.001".
"xxx.mpg.001" is the first file of the set and the rest of the set will be
appended to it as "xxx.mpg". If "xxx.mpg.000" is missing, the joined
set may not be complete as "xxx.mpg.000" has the checksum and
the number of parts needed to make a complete file.

Save all the files to a folder, then combine them with the
"xxx.bat". If "xxx.bat" is missing, then use one of the below
programs to join the files using "xxx.mpg.001" as the start file.
"MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
"HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
"Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com

"r00" is a piece of a split WinRAR file. It's a compression file similar
to Winzip. You need the first part "xxxx.rar" to expand the set.
http://www.rarlab.com

Download ALL the parts, DON'T "join" this type of file. Save the parts,
then double click "xxxx.rar" to begin the decompression.

"p01" is a PAR file used for correcting errors.
Par files are used to rebuild missing files in a spanned archive.
Smart Par
http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/
http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/info.html
http://ice.prohosting.com/smartpar/r...PAR_0.11d1.zip
http://www.geocities.com/smartpar_1/smartpar.zip

SmartPar Tutorial
http://www.smr-usenet.com/tutor/smartpar.shtml
http://www.slyck.com/smartpar.php
http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=6

What is yEnc?
http://www.yenc.org/whatis.htm

yEnc links and information:
http://www.brawnylads.com/yproxy
http://www.smr-usenet.com/software/misc.shtml Download
"The Yenc utilities". They include yencpowerpost,
yenc for Agent, ydecode, yencode and more
http://www.yenc.org
http://code.blitzaffe.com/delphi/
http://www.uwekeller.de/index.html...giganews free newsreader
http://www.co.jyu.fi/~ap/bnr.html freeware

40tude Dialog (Freeware)
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

Agent is probably the best, and well worth the money.
http://www.forteinc.com

Full/Free Agent (try/buy)
ftp://ftp.forteinc.com/pub/agent/english/a32en193.exe