Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Entry Point not Found

Entry Point not Found

Mauro Poletto

For some time now I am having the following problem: after booting into
Windows 2000 Pro Sp3, I try to open Internet Explorer, or Notepad, Windows
media plalyer, or any other program, I get the following message:
"Iexplorer.exe - Entry Point Not found
The procedure entry pint CreateSemaphoseA could not be located in the
dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL" --> this is in case of Internet explorer,
but it happens with any program.

If I open the program just after boot time it works, but if I try after say
2-3 minutes of boot time than I haven't got a chance.

Anyone had the same problem?
BTW, I have firewall and AVG antivirus running all the time.

Mauro

---

Unk

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 06:27:25 +0100, "Mauro Poletto" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>For some time now I am having the following problem: after booting into
>Windows 2000 Pro Sp3, I try to open Internet Explorer, or Notepad, Windows
>media plalyer, or any other program, I get the following message:
>"Iexplorer.exe - Entry Point Not found
>The procedure entry pint CreateSemaphoseA could not be located in the
>dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL" --> this is in case of Internet explorer,
>but it happens with any program.
>
>If I open the program just after boot time it works, but if I try after say
>2-3 minutes of boot time than I haven't got a chance.
>
>Anyone had the same problem?
>BTW, I have firewall and AVG antivirus running all the time.
>

>Mauro

Try the easiest first:

Goto the Windows update site and get any new patches.

--------------------------------------

Try reinstalling Sp3. A search for "Entry Point not Found" showed most of
these errors were caused by a corrupt Sp3.

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
Click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete
Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it
finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to
use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard drive
space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig. Folders
that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner,
especially if IE starts acting funny.

Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box,
"Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click
"Apply", "OK"

Update your video drivers. (Windows 2000 or Windows XP computer, video
adapters should use WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs)-certified drivers.)