Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advice on changing ISP's please

Advice on changing ISP's please

Unknown

We hate to lose loyal subscribers like yourself, but if you feel you
must unsubscribe, first, ask your Internet Provider to mail you an
Unsubscribing Kit, which is provided free of charge.

Make sure to tell us the make and model of your computer, as well as
the operating system and amount of memory and hard disk space that you have
free. Then use these easy-to-follow directions:

The kit will most likely be the standard no-fault type. Depending on
requirements, System A and/or System B can be used.

If you are using operating System A, depress lever and a plastic
dalkron unsubscriber will be dispensed through the slot immediately
underneath.
When you have fastened the adhesive lip, attach connection marked by the
large "X" outlet hose. Twist the silver- colored ring one inch below the
connection point until you feel it lock. The kit is now ready for use.

The Cin-Eliminator is activated by the small switch on the lip.
When securing, twist the ring back to its initial condition, so that
the two orange lines meet. Disconnect. Place the dalkron unsubscriber in the
vacuum receptacle to the rear. Activate by pressing the blue button.

The controls for System B are located on the opposite side. The red
release switch places the Cin-Eliminator into position; it can be
adjusted manually up or down by pressing the blue manual release button.

The opening is self-adjusting. To secure after use, press the green
button, which simultaneously activates the evaporator and returns the
Cin-Eliminator to its storage position.

You may log off if the green exit light is on over the evaporator.
If the red light is illuminated, one of the Cin-Eliminator requirements
has not been properly implemented. Press the "List Guy" call button on
the right of the evaporator. He will secure all facilities from his control
panel.

To use the Auto-Unsub, first undress and place all your clothes in the
clothes rack. Put on the velcro slippers located in the cabinet
immediately below. Enter the shower, taking the entire kit with you.

On the control panel to your upper right upon entering you will see a
"Shower seal" button. Press to activate. A green light will then be
illuminated immediately below. On the intensity knob, select the
desired setting. Now depress the Auto-Unsub activation lever. Bathe normally.

The Auto-Unsub will automatically go off after three minutes unless you
activate the "Manual off" override switch by flipping it up.

When you are ready to leave, press the blue "Shower seal" release
button. The door will open and you may leave. Please remove the velcro
slippers
and place them in their container.

If you prefer the ultrasonic log-off mode, press the indicated blue
button. When the twin panels open, pull it forward by rings A and B.
The knob to the left, just below the blue light, has three settings,
low, medium or high. For normal use, the medium setting is suggested.

After these settings have been made, you can activate the device by
switching to the "ON" position the clearly marked red switch.
If during the unsubscribing operation, you wish to change the settings,
place the "manual off" override switch in the "OFF" position.

You may now make the change and repeat the cycle.
When the green exit light goes on, you may log off and have lunch.
Please close the door behind you.

Congratulations! You have just successfully unsubscribed yourself.

We are going to miss you! If you feel you have unsubscribed yourself in
error, just follow the above instructions backwards, and you will once
again be a part of our friendly, family ezine. No questions asked.

Have a nice day now!
"Baalrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsZcFc.647$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
> change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
> looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
> should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
> welcome
>
> --
> Regards Ron...........

Rifleman

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XffFc.332$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Scrote wrote:

> > Clock playing up Brian?

> No, why?

'Cos you're about 30 minutes in the future.......

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Scrote wrote:
> Brian H供 wrote:

>>>Don't do it.
>>>Seriously, don't do it.

> Clock playing up Brian?

No, why?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Ionizer wrote:

> "Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) .california...
>
>>Baalrog wrote:
>>
>>>anyone here offer some advice

>>>I am about
>>>to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

>>You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

> You're not a proper troll, because some times you make perfect sense.
>
> Regards,
> Ian.

LOL

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Brian H供 wrote:

> Scrote wrote:

>> Clock playing up Brian?

> No, why?

That's weird, I see that my posts are showing an hour into the future :-S
Must be Mozilla's fault

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Brian H供 wrote:

> Brian H供 wrote:
>
>> Scrote wrote:

>>> Clock playing up Brian?

>> No, why?

> That's weird, I see that my posts are showing an hour into the future :-S
> Must be Mozilla's fault

Nope, it must be NTL playing up, I know there are some problems this pm
(when aren't there?).

Patrick

Scrote wrote:
> Brian H供 wrote:
>>>>

>>> Don't do it.
>>> Seriously, don't do it.

> Clock playing up Brian?

Me too, Brian (as I) are on ntl who appear to be haveing some kind of
problem.
(everyone in ntl groups match, but show an hour ahead)

joevan

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:58:23 GMT, "Baalrog"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
>change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
>looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
>should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
>welcome

AOell sucks. Anything besides aohell.
They **** up your head bigtime. Of course it may already be messed so
what's it matter.
joevan

Blinky the Shark

Baalrog wrote:

> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
> change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
> looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
> should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
> welcome

It doesn't matter how bad your current ISP is, AOL is orders of
magnitude worse. You're at least know the real Internet; don't leave
it for AOL.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
New June 23:

Boomer

"SpeechCoach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Stop right there, friend! Take a breath!

Why are you telling this to Blinky?
Baalrog was the OP who was changing ISP's.