Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Audio streaming

Audio streaming

anthonyberet

In Usenet post: RD%Ec.158$JG6.83@newsfe4-gui,
Jim went on and on and on:
> How can you capture and record audio streaming. For example the BBC
> site. I remember this question being asked ages ago bit it didnt
> intreast me at the time.But it does now.

Yes you can do this - it is easier with mp3 streams.
Use Stationripper for those (this also cuts the tracks up into individual
files for you).
http://www.ratajik.com/stationripper/

However, the BBC uses Realmedia streams, not mp3 (wish they wouldn't).

You need to run streambox ripper to save these. - This is much harder to get
as Real didn't like it and sued the makers:
This is the first site I found but you may have to search further to get it:
http://www.sonicspot.com/streamboxri...boxripper.html

Incidentally, did you know you can search the archive of this and other
groups to find old questions?
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...TF-8&lr=&hl=en

Jim

How can you capture and record audio streaming. For example the BBC site. I
remember this question being asked ages ago bit it didnt intreast me at the
time.But it does now.

Cheers for any help.

Jim