Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .net hosting recommendations

.net hosting recommendations

suzy

Hi,

Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
asp.net with custom c# DLLs?

A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is pushed too
high.

Thanks.

Eric

suzy wrote:

> Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
> asp.net with custom c# DLLs?

I like the first 2 here. They include SQL Server for around $15 a
month. But the others might be a good buy if you don't need SQL Server:

http://www.discountasp.net/

http://www.easerve.com/

http://brinkster.com/

http://www.webhost4life.com/hosting.asp

Eric

S. Justin Gengo

Eric,

A friend (and workmate) uses and loves www.boundgrid.com

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> suzy wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
> > asp.net with custom c# DLLs?

> I like the first 2 here. They include SQL Server for around $15 a
> month. But the others might be a good buy if you don't need SQL Server:
>
> http://www.discountasp.net/
>
> http://www.easerve.com/
>
> http://brinkster.com/
>
> http://www.webhost4life.com/hosting.asp
>
> Eric

suzy

hi eric/justin,

the sites you submitted look good, especially boundgrid and easerve.

can i ask if you have had any problems with running custom .net dll's? do
they charge extra for this, if so how much etc?

thanks again...

"S. Justin Gengo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Eric,
>
> A friend (and workmate) uses and loves www.boundgrid.com
>

> --
> Sincerely,
>
> S. Justin Gengo, MCP
> Web Developer / Programmer
>
> Free code library at:
> www.aboutfortunate.com
>
> "Out of chaos comes order."
> Nietzche
>

> <Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > suzy wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
> > > asp.net with custom c# DLLs?

> > I like the first 2 here. They include SQL Server for around $15 a
> > month. But the others might be a good buy if you don't need SQL Server:
> >
> > http://www.discountasp.net/
> >
> > http://www.easerve.com/
> >
> > http://brinkster.com/
> >
> > http://www.webhost4life.com/hosting.asp
> >
> > Eric

Ivan Demkovitch

I use webhost4life.com

Service - excellent
Prices - lowest around.

The only thing I noticed is performance. I don't think I program my pages so
bad, but sometimes Server chokes. It happens very rare during "rush" hours.
For something that is really imprtant I would go with expensive host.

If you go with them please use my referral ID: katit

Hope it helps!

"suzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1PbWb.871$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
> asp.net with custom c# DLLs?
>
> A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is pushed

too
> high.
>
> Thanks.

---

Eric

suzy wrote:

> can i ask if you have had any problems with running custom .net
> dll's? do they charge extra for this, if so how much etc?

These sites support ASP.NET as part of their normal service. This
includes DLLs that are used in bin folders.

They charge extra for things like Windows Services and COM components,
but you probably don't have this stuff.

suzy

> These sites support ASP.NET as part of their normal service. This
> includes DLLs that are used in bin folders.
>
> They charge extra for things like Windows Services and COM components,
> but you probably don't have this stuff.

Hi Eric,

What if I want to write c# DLL's that my asp.net pages call? eg: i would
like to have my asp.net pages talk to my custom written c# dll which talks
to my database.

i know asp.net creates dll's but what i want is to write c# classes.

any ideas on this?

thanks again.

Ivan Demkovitch

This is all fine.
Any DLL's placed into Bin folder will be accesible.

It works like this.

"suzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eTdWb.1430$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > These sites support ASP.NET as part of their normal service. This
> > includes DLLs that are used in bin folders.
> >
> > They charge extra for things like Windows Services and COM components,
> > but you probably don't have this stuff.
> >

> Hi Eric,
>
> What if I want to write c# DLL's that my asp.net pages call? eg: i would
> like to have my asp.net pages talk to my custom written c# dll which talks
> to my database.
>
> i know asp.net creates dll's but what i want is to write c# classes.
>
> any ideas on this?
>
> thanks again.

---

DalePres

I'm moving my site to http://www.1planhost.com because they have 500 MB, any
DLL in your bin folder will work, and 20GB transfer for 99 a year. And so
far, their support has been prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous. I just
signed up last week so can't give you long-term reports on them, but I'm
pleased so far.

Dale

"suzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1PbWb.871$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
> asp.net with custom c# DLLs?
>
> A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is pushed

too
> high.
>
> Thanks.

suzy

hi,

this looks really cheap. do u mind telling more about how bad and rare
these performance problems are?

do u have a link to a site you host with them so i can try it out?

thanks

news:en$%(E-Mail Removed)...