Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express Doubled messages

Outlook Express Doubled messages

Devo

I have a hotmail account and i check my messages through OUTLOOK EXPRESS and
when i check my messages my messages double up and when i say DOUBLE UP i
mean if someone were to send me a email i would get TWO? I have had previous
GO DIRECTLY TO MY INBOX" or to deselect "GET 300 HEADERS AT A TIME" one or
the other but not both. But when i do this it still does not work? PLEASE
HELP! I can't stand recieving double messages all the time.

Thanks
Devo

~S~

check your tools/accounts options, check to see that you havent created
duplicate pop server/hotmail accounts

~S~

"Devo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:geLEc.29$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a hotmail account and i check my messages through OUTLOOK EXPRESS

and
> when i check my messages my messages double up and when i say DOUBLE UP i
> mean if someone were to send me a email i would get TWO? I have had

previous

STARTING
> GO DIRECTLY TO MY INBOX" or to deselect "GET 300 HEADERS AT A TIME" one or
> the other but not both. But when i do this it still does not work? PLEASE
> HELP! I can't stand recieving double messages all the time.
>

> Thanks
> Devo

Devo

I have also been told to check that... But there is not duplicate accounts!
Thnks though.... any other ideas?

Devo
"~S~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gDMEc.92412$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> check your tools/accounts options, check to see that you havent created
> duplicate pop server/hotmail accounts
>
> ~S~
>

> "Devo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:geLEc.29$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a hotmail account and i check my messages through OUTLOOK EXPRESS

> and
> > when i check my messages my messages double up and when i say DOUBLE UP

> > mean if someone were to send me a email i would get TWO? I have had

> previous

> STARTING
> > GO DIRECTLY TO MY INBOX" or to deselect "GET 300 HEADERS AT A TIME" one

or
> > the other but not both. But when i do this it still does not work?

PLEASE
> > HELP! I can't stand recieving double messages all the time.
> >

> > Thanks
> > Devo

Jim Byrd

Hi Devo - Re: duplicate Hotmail (and, I believe, now MSN also) messages,
this is a known bug since IE5.01 days which has never been fixed. The
workaround is to go to Tools\Options and uncheck the box that says "When
starting, go directly to my Inbox folder", and or the option to "Send and
Receive messages at startup". In general, you don't want to have any
Hotmail account selected whenever you're doing a manual or scheduled
download. To poll manually, you can use the Send and Receive All button
from the Local Folders home window.

If that doesn't solve it, take a look here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/why.htm#dupes

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In news:BeNEc.47$(E-Mail Removed),
Devo <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> I have also been told to check that... But there is not duplicate

accounts!
> Thnks though.... any other ideas?
>
> Devo
> "~S~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gDMEc.92412$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> check your tools/accounts options, check to see that you havent created
>> duplicate pop server/hotmail accounts
>>
>> ~S~
>>

>> "Devo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:geLEc.29$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have a hotmail account and i check my messages through OUTLOOK EXPRESS

and
>>> when i check my messages my messages double up and when i say DOUBLE UP

>>> mean if someone were to send me a email i would get TWO? I have had

previous

STARTING
>>> GO DIRECTLY TO MY INBOX" or to deselect "GET 300 HEADERS AT A TIME" one

or
>>> the other but not both. But when i do this it still does not work?

PLEASE
>>> HELP! I can't stand recieving double messages all the time.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Devo